Help! Please click here to report problems like broken, outdated or inappropriate links.
We would like to draw your attention to something very inspiring, and most definitely heartbreaking. A very special family is turning their loss into a lesson for the rest of us.
Watch this video: The Importance of a 5-Point Harness Carseat
If you choose NOT to watch the video, the lesson to be learned is to purchase one of the car seats listed below.
If your child is still small, you can purchase the Britax Carseat that accommodates up to 40, or even 65 pounds. If your child is older/heavier, you may opt to go straight for the Regent that was recommended in the video (up to 80 pounds!). Check out the options here: CarSeatsPlace.com.
Note that the Kyle David Miller Foundation also recommends the Radian 65 (up to 65 pounds) or Radian 80 (up to 80 pounds) for proper car safety for your children.
- Baby Place Articles and Advice: Safety
- Articles written by experts on child safety, treatment and prevention.
- Baby Place Safety Stores and Products
- Safety products for infants and toddlers: car seats, crib bumpers, toys, baby-proofing accessories and more.
- Baby Care and Parenting Discussion Group
- Make use of the combined wisdom of parents like yourself! Post your questions and answers and see what others have written.
- ANB Baby
- Selection of baby products from top manufacturers.
- Parents' guide to child safety
- Parents' guide to child safety created for and by parents.
- KidSafe Home Safety Products
- Online selection of baby proofing products for the home.
- Medical Bracelets from Sticky Jewelry
- Selection of medical alert bracelets and pendants for children with diabetes, allergies, epilepsy, asthma, autism, and other diagnoses.
- Love Our Children USA
- Dream of a world where all children are safe, nurtured, and loved.
- A not-for-profit, volunteer operated website, striving to provide other parents with correct and up-to-date information on the selection and safe installation of child safety restraints, including carseats, as well as vehicle safety.
- Carseat Compatibility List
- Which carseats will fit in which cars? Many common child safety seats simply do not fit, or will fit only with great difficulty, in many common cars. This list, compiled by parents, mostly found at ParentsPlace.com, shares our experiences on what fits and what doesn't.
- Protect Enfant Inc.
- Protect Enfant offers services of childproofing consultations, sales (by catalog, website or via store) and installation of child safety items. Also, CPR and first aid courses for parents, grandparents and childcare givers.
- Infant Botulism
- "How does botulism work? I have heard that infants can get botulism poisoning from honey. Why can't infants eat honey?"
- Can Anyone Hear My Baby Monitor?
- "I have read that it is possible for people to listen in on baby monitors. Is this true? Can anyone hear my baby monitor?"
- Child Development Institute
- Safety issues: school age children, toddlers, teenagers.
- Kids in Danger
- A non-profit organization for the protection of children from dangerous products.
- S.A.F.E. Network
- Preventing sexual abuse of children.
- Save A Little Life, inc
- CPR and first aid training for parents and care providers.
- The National SAFE KIDS Campaign
- The National SAFE KIDS Campaign's mission is to prevent the number one killer of children - unintentional injury. Works at a national level through grassroots coalitions to educate adults and children, provide safety devices to families in need, and pass and strengthen laws to empower families and communities to protect children ages 14 and under.
- The National Program for Playground Safety
- Valuable playground safety information.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Baby safety shower how-to kit.
- Baby Proofing
- Tips to help child proof your home.
- BabyZone: Child Proofing the House
- Tips for babyproofing the various rooms of your home.
- MedlinePlus: First Aid/Emergencies
- Information concerning first aid and emergency medical situations. Also in Spanish.
- National S.A.F.E. Home Foundation -- Children's Fire and Burn Fund
- A non-profit organization dedicated to fire prevention education and smoke alarm giveaway programs.
- Paranoid Sisters
- Safety suggestions for parents of children ages birth to five.
- Safe Ride Helpline Online
- Safe Ride Helpline Online provides these features: Personal car seat checkup online; Which car seat is the "best"; Complete list of car seat recalls; Program ideas for schools, child restraint law violator education; How to install car seats correctly; and Child passenger safety technical materials and training.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- The AAP is an organization of over 55,000 pediatricians, dedicated to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.