web analytics

Re: unhappily married with children

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Parenting Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sara on June 25, 2003 at 09:08:19:

In Reply to: unhappily married with children posted by Denise on June 24, 2003 at 01:15:40:

You could try seperation.Promises,promises.People are good for making promises to change.All I remember of my parents marriage is violence.I was grateful when my mom finally had the courage to leave her husband after 14 years of abuse.Divorce is not the end of the world for the relationships your children have with dh.It actually might be better.Though he sounds like the type that will complain about the child support he has to pay!The children hear the yelling and it affects them as much as you.Don't pretend to have the perfect marriage,because you and your children deserve better.Seperate and try counseling again while seperated.Counseling does not mean the goal is to remain married.You could come to the conclusion that divorce is a better option.
Best wishes!

Follow Ups:

This page has been archived so the followup feature has been disabled. Please visit our Parenting Discussion Group to post a message. Or you can go to the old Parenting Board home page.