Posted by Rowena on October 04, 2003 at 17:55:25:
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF POST PARTUM DEPRESSION
Not all of the following symptoms need to be present. If you suspect you may be suffering with a postpartum depression the first step to recovery is to see your doctor.
- Social withdrawal.
- Fear of being alone.
- Inability to get organized.
- Loss of confidence.
- Over concern about baby.
- Negative feelings towards baby.
- Feeling unable to cope with baby.
- Feeling exhausted or fatigued.
- Frequent headaches.
- Tearfulness for no apparent reason.
- Feelings of inadequacy, worthlessness or emptiness.
- Feelings of guilt, resentment, anger or shame.
- Persistent low mood or rapid mood swings.
- Anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, irrational fears or obsessive thoughts.
- Mental confusion, lack of concentration or poor memory.
- Loss of interest in sex.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Poor appetite or overeating.
- Thoughts of suicide.