web analytics

Re: "Accident" Problem with Neice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Parenting Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rowena on October 06, 2003 at 16:27:10:

In Reply to: "Accident" Problem with Neice posted by Liza on October 06, 2003 at 14:46:24:

Hi Liza

I agree with you that either this is a physical problem that needs help. Or a psychological problem that needs help. Most likely it's a combination of both. Has you sister taken your niece to a specialist? A family doctor cannot provide the necessary support in this situation.

The medical word for this condition is 'encoporesis'. Some children's hospitals have clinics especially designed to deal with this specific problem. I would suggest you encourage your sister to seek help for your niece if she's not already under specialist care.


Follow Ups:

This page has been archived so the followup feature has been disabled. Please visit our Parenting Discussion Group to post a message. Or you can go to the old Parenting Board home page.