web analytics

Re: Help anougher sty

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Parenting Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Summer on November 09, 2003 at 11:30:24:

In Reply to: Re: Help anougher sty posted by Becka on November 08, 2003 at 07:36:05:

: : :

: : Hi Summer,

: : Styes always come back. I don't know why your doctor said it would never come back but again some doctors think differently. The reason why your son is now getting it on the left is because he is spreading it to the other eye. A stye is an infection of the sweat glands of the eyes. It is important to wash his hands often because he will keep spreading it to the eyes. The only treatment for styes is warm compresses and antibiotics as it is a bacterial infection. Some minor styes go away with just warm compresses but the more stubborn ones need antibiotics. Some doctors believe in prescribing a topical antibiotic. I believe in a topical antibiotic and in addition an oral antibiotic. In rare cases is surgery ever needed, only if it is a huge one. Some people are more prone to styes but most of them can be prevented by frequent hand washing.

: : Let me know how he is doing.

: :

: Oops sorry I answered the wrong question:( underneath this, sorry.
: Could he have a closed duct?

Yup its a tear duct, and when he crys it get all build up and it buff's out and it looks like a big old pimle on this eye and it close's his eye, pushe's his eye down. And i asked the doctor is he could take it out or do something, and he said no he just has to live with it. And his doctor said it might be something he is allgric to in the house like the animals or somehting maybe so she told me next time he got one to ahve it checked cause i don't think this one is going to go away wiht medican the first one never does. And the one he has on this right eye, its a scar were his other one was and when he crys it buff's right up and once he is done it goes back down.

Follow Ups:

This page has been archived so the followup feature has been disabled. Please visit our Parenting Discussion Group to post a message. Or you can go to the old Parenting Board home page.